DOES-Office of Youth Programs: OYP is the division of DOES that creates and administers workforce development programs for DC youth ages 14-24. OYP provides work readiness trainings, occupational skills training and employment programs for high school students as well as high school graduates. OYP also assists youth with obtaining their GED.
Address: 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE, 2nd Floor Washington, DC 20019
Bus: A31, U4, X1, X2, X3, X9
Metro: Minnesota Avenue Station (Orange)
General Phone: (202) 698-3492
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Monday-Friday; 9am - 5pm
- Marion Barry Youth Leadership Academy – Year-round leadership development program high school students (paid stipends).
- Pathways for Young Adults –Year-round paid vocational training and internship program for youth who have their high school diploma/GED
- DC Career Connections – Year-round paid employment placement program youth 20-24.
- Mayor Marion S. Barry Summer Youth Employment Program (MBSYEP) –paid employment program for DC youth 14-24
- Out-of-School Program – Year-round vocational training, adult education and internship program for youth 16-24 not attending educational programs
- In-school Program - Youth attending DC high schools
- Youth Earn and Learn Program (Y.E.A.L.P) - paid training and adult education program for youth 18-24
Sheree Finley, Interim Deputy Director of Workforce Development & Economics (email@example.com) General youth workforce issues
Theenie Freeman, Associate Director of Youth Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org)- General youth workforce issues
Vanessa Weatherington, MBSYEP Program Manager, email@example.com)-
Ashley Williams, Year-Round Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Stefanie Kenchen, Year-Round Program Coordinator (email@example.com), (202) 741-5870
Traci Hamilton, MBSYEP Program Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-698-5388
Ayana Williams, MBSYEP-Private Sector Liaison, email@example.com, 202-698-6019,
Adia Howard-Stroud, Workforce Development Specialist, Adia.Howard-Stroud3@dc.gov, (202) 698-7544, Year Round Employment (Career Connections)
Tina Olaymika, Program Analyst, Tina.Olayimika@dc.gov, 202-671-3243, Year Round Employment Issues (Career Connections)